Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost the weekend...update.


Well, I returned from many splendid adventures at the end of April.
Then, I had eye muscle surgery on my left eye (in case you didn't know, I had eye muscle surgery November 2009 on both eyes (what was I thinking...mid-semester?). Well, the eye muscle surgery (not LASIK, so don't wonder why I
still wear glasses) didn't work. It was supposed to align my eyes, but I am still seeing double WITH my glasses. Weird...I don't need to ever do drugs to see crazy things, I just have to wear my glasses and relax my eyes. :)
A week after the surgery, I went to visit Portland, Oregon where my dahling sister and her cute family lives. Since I was still seeing double, it was double the fun! Or, people thought I was winking at them...it was pretty amusing!
In June, I moved back on up to Utah to finish up my final 12 undergraduate credit hours in the form of a 4th grade teaching internship (instead of doing student teaching). My school is about a 30 minute drive from Provo, so I decided to save myself from driving an extra 11,000 or so miles to get from Provo to the school I am teaching at!
My Mom and I went on a road-trip to California! It was fantastic. We helped my grandparents organize their house, took a drive into San Francisco (and Napa and Oakland). Then we drove back through Ruby Valley, and my Mom painted a sweet mural for my cousin and his wife in their new house. It is seriously amazing. Then we drove back to reality, I mean Utah, and I continued to prepare for the upcoming school-year.
My roommate is pretty cool. My new ward is pretty nice, so far. Life is good. I just need to be a teacher, graduate, welcome my brother home from his mission (see picture below) and have another eye muscle surgery!

No comments: